Esperanto has been officially recognised and endorsed by UNESCO. It is now spoken in over 100 countries. There are many ways in which Esperanto can be useful to you:
- Discuss and correspond with all kinds of people from a variety of countries and cultures, at the same time, without being hindered by linguistic barriers, and as an equal
- Discover other cultures and get updated on the world-wide scene, by having access to a vast source of magazines, newspapers and books translated directly from every major national language
- Cheap travel: thanks to “Pasporta Servo” – a world-wide network of willing Esperantist hosts who offer free (or almost-free) accommodation!
- Join in international gatherings and festivals, with music, shows and art in Esperanto, as well as many other national languages.
- Access an international network of experts in several professional fields. Every member of the Universal Esperanto Association (UEA) has free access to a list of hundreds of ‘ambassadors’ – or ‘delegates’ – who are specialists in a wide range of fields. This list is constantly updated and officially maintained by the UEA.
And many more uses!